Part of our mission at SCM is to build and maintain relationships that transcend Carnegie Hall. This is accomplished by staying in touch with our SCM alumni, including those that are not necessarily directly involved in finance. The list of SCM & 5C alumni below have agreed to be contacted by our members to learn from their experience and to understand how to make the transition from students to skilled professionals.
• Brian Morrison (Pomona '08) – Brian graduated from Pomona with a degree in mathematics, and went on to work as an executive compensation consultant for a few years after graduation. He is currently an Associate Analyst at Oaktree Capital in Los Angeles, and plans to attend Wharton Business School starting in the Fall of 2017. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Danny Swift (Pomona '16) – Former Chief Economist, Danny studied mathematics, molecular biology, and economics. He is currently working on a start up specializing in algorithmic day trading. Contact info: email@example.com
• Gator Adams (Claremont McKenna '17) – Former COO of the Fund and Finance Major at CMC, he is now working as an equity analyst at Goldman in Salt Lake.
• Joshua Kim (Pomona '17) – Josh served as Alumni Relations Coordinator and Senior Analyst at SCM while on campus, and currently works as an investment banking analyst at Lazard.
• Matthew Jevsevar (Pomona '11) – A former COO and analyst, Matt graduated in 2011 with a degree in economics and spent five years at PIMCO where he was most recently a Senior Portfolio Management Associate. Matt is currently pursuing his MBA at The Wharton School where he is studying finance and statistics. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Matthew Lubman (Pomona '05) – Matt graduated with an economics degree from Pomona in 2005, and has since worked at alternative invesment manager TIG in New York. Contact info: email@example.com
• Ryan Miller (Pomona '14) – Ryan is currently working at Malk Partners, a leading ESG consultancy based in La Jolla. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sam Kaplan (Pomona '15) – Former CEO and mathematical economics major, Sam has experience in distressed credit situations, and after graduation went to work in investment banking at Lazard. He has since transitioned to the buy side, joining leading private equity firm Apollo.
• Sam Strassman (Pomona '12) – Former Analyst at SCM, Sam studied mathematics while in school and has worked at both Flow Traders and Citadel in their algorithmic trading divisions. Contact Info: email@example.com
• Walter Pritchard (Pomona '98) – Walter graduated from Pomona in 1998 with a degree in chemistry. After graduation he worked at a boutique investment bank, and now is a senior analyst at Citigroup covering global software companies. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Willie Goldberg (Pomona '15) – Former Managing Director of the Equities Group, Willie is currently an investment banking analyst at Wells Fargo. Contact info: email@example.com
Chris Barnes (Pomona ‘18) – Former economics and mathematics major, Chris is currently working as an analyst within KKR’s Leveraged Credit division.
Peter Xenopoulos – Peter is currently a senior at Pomona College double majoring in economics and math. He is most interested in venture capital, entrepreneurship and the healthcare & technology fields. His hobbies include baseball, surfing, and exploring LA.
Zane Latif – Zane is a rising economics major at Pomona College who has been interested in investing from a young age. He is currently a Managing Director of the Healthcare & Technology Group.
Kanishk Kapur (Claremont McKenna ‘18)– Kanishk graduated from CMC with a degree in economics-accounting. This past summer he worked at the Financial Economics Institute at CMC. In his spare time, he enjoys playing poker, cricket, and traveling.
Aman Raghuvanshi (Claremont McKenna ‘18) – Aman graduated from CMC with a degree in computer science with a sequence in Financial Economics. He is interested in global energy and infrastructure stocks, emerging markets, and quantitative finance. In his free time, he enjoys playing golf, riding horses, traveling, and re-watching Wall Street.
Senan Hogan-Hennessy – Former Chief Economist, Senan is interested in macroeconomic trends, changes in government regulation and economic policy making. In his free time he enjoys cycling and racing as part of the Claremont Colleges cycling team.
Bryan Lynch (Claremont McKenna ‘18) – Former Relations Officer at SCM, Bryan is currently working as an analyst at a hedge fund based in New York.